Currency Trading For Dummies provides anyone interested in trading on the foreign exchange (Forex) market with nuts and bolts information & advice and most importantly, a step-by-step plan of action for getting started trading the Forex market. It features Forex market guidelines and sample trading plans.
- Currency Trading 101
- What Is the Forex Market?
- Who Trades Currencies?
- Meet the Players
- The Mechanics of Currency Trading
- Getting to Know the Major Currency Pairs
- Minor Currency Pairs and Cross-Currency Trading
- Looking at the Big Picture
- Understanding and Applying Market News, Data, and Information
- Getting Down and Dirty with Fundamental Data
- Cutting the Fog with Technical Analysis
- Training and Preparing for Battle
- Identifying Trade Opportunities
- Risk-Management Considerations
- Pulling the Trigger
- Managing the Trade
- Closing Your Position and Evaluating Your Trading Results
- Ten Habits of Successful Currency Traders
- Ten Beginner Trading Mistakes
- Ten Rules of Risk Management
- Ten Great Resources
Source: Google Books
Currency Trading for Dummies
Book by Brian Dolan
- Title: Currency Trading for Dummies
- Authors: Mark Galant, Brian Dolan, Mark Galant
- Publisher: Wiley India Pvt. Limited, 2007
- ISBN: 8126514329, 9788126514328
- Length: 360 pages
Your Plain English Guide To Currency Trading
Currency Trading For Dummies is a hands-on, user-friendly guide that explains how the foreign exchange (ForEx) market works and how you can become a part of it. Currency trading has many benefits, but it also has fast-changing financial-trading avenues. Forex markets are always moving.
So how do you keep up?
With this new edition of Currency Trading For Dummies, you’ll get the expert guidance you’ve come to know and expect from the trusted For Dummies brand now updated with the latest information on the topic.
Inside, you’ll find an easy-to-follow introduction to the global Forex market that explains its size, scope, and players; a look at the major economic drivers that influence currency values; and the lowdown on how to interpret data and events like a pro. Plus, you’ll discover different types of trading styles and make a concrete strategy and game plan before you act on anything.
- Covers currency trading conventions and tools
- Provides an insider’s look at key characteristics of successful currency traders
- Explains why it’s important to be organized and prepared
- Offers guidance on trading pitfalls to avoid and risk management rules to live by
Whether you’re just getting started out in the foreign exchange market or an experienced trader looking to diversify your portfolio, Currency Trading For Dummies sets you up for trading success.
- Understand how the market works
- Research the global forex markets
- Apply mobile and platform trading solutions
- Use tips and hints from professionals
- Understand the foreign exchange market and benefit from it!
The Forex Market is Fast, Exciting, and Potentially Lucrative
If you know what you’re doing. This hands-on, user-friendly guide shows you how the foreign exchange market works, who the players are, what influences currency values, how to interpret data and events, and what you need to know to develop a winning strategy. Read carefully before investing!
Understand How it Works
If you’re new to currency trading, here’s a plain-English explanation of how the forex market works, what moves it, and what newcomers need to know.
Things to Think About
Find out how your investment objectives, experience level, and risk appetite must be considered.
Tools of the Trade
See how to find sources of data and market intelligence, take advantage of the latest technology, and use technical analysis to spot trade opportunities.
Read the Market
Learn to interpret economic data and official statements and gauge market psychology, sentiment, and positioning.
Make a Game Plan
Get expert guidance on developing a structured strategy and a disciplined approach to currency trading.
Open the book and find:
- Differences between the forex market and the stock market
- Pros and cons of currency trading
- Essential secrets of success
- Best ways to manage your exposure
- The latest SEC rules and tax laws
- Tips on doing research
- Risk management rules to live by
- Key characteristics of successful currency traders
About the Author
Kathleen Brooks is a research director at FOREX.com She produces research on G10 and emerging-market currencies, providing her clients with actionable trading ideas.
Brian Dolan has more than 20 years of experience in the currency market and is a frequent commentator for major news media.